Why GS1 standards for Track & Trace?
Simplify integrations with GS1 standards
GS1 standards are designed to improve the efficiency, safety and visibility of supply chains across physical and digital channels in 25 sectors. They form a business language that identifies, captures and shares key information about products, locations, assets and more.
- Open, global, proven and simple
- Technology-independent permitting full interoperability and compatibility
- End users are not locked into proprietary solutions
- A global standardized system for traceability
- Proven robustness over the last 30+ years in different sectors worldwide
GS1 EPCIS and – SSCC codes
Supporting a global Track & Trace roll-out
EPCIS is a GS1 standard that enables trading partners to share information about the physical movement and status of products as they travel throughout the supply chain
- What – Information about what trade items and/or shipping containers were sent/received
- When – The date and time of the event including the local time zone
- Where – The location of the event, and where the items are expected to be following the event
- Why – Information about the business context (business steps and dispositions)
Kezzler’s Track&Trace solution supports:
- EPCIS 1.2 vocabulary including Business Steps and Dispositions
- Tracking of Serial Shipping Container Code (SSCC)
- GS1 XML standards 3.2 – Despatch Advice
The Kezzler technology makes it easy to digitize hundreds of thousands of individual products with a GS1 Digital Link codeRob Van Stek, FrieslandCampina
Find out how Kezzler helped FrieslandCampina to be the first Dutch company to use the GS1 Digital
GS1 Digital Link Standard
Enabling coherent of the same code across applications
Consistent representation of GS1 identification keys in web addresses linking to online information and services.
Kezzler has implemented a large GS1 Data Link project. GS1 Digital Link to replace the current 1D barcode as the “one code for everything”.
The Digital Link code can be scanned by a variety of users, including:
- Manufacturing for Hierarchy building and Data association
- In Distribution for the rebuilding of hierarchies
- The potential at Retail Point-of-sales to read pricing and register unit as sold
- By Inspectors for checking conformity in distribution and retail
- By Consumer to check authenticity and provenance, or to participate in loyalty program
Find out why Kezzler has been highlighted as a global GS1 success story.
Chief Sales Officer